Image Details: Women’s Patagonia Salt River Jacket | Orvis Helios 2 6-weight Fly Rod 9 ft. | Fishpond El Nino Guide Pack | Costa Del Mar Womens Isabella Polarized Lens | Loon Outdoors Quick Draw Forceps | Scientific Anglers Sonar Sink 25 Cold Fly Line White/Charcoal, 250gr 6-8wt
I love the Patagonia River Salt Jacket and since preparedness is key to successful fly fishing, we spend many enjoyable hours in local fly shops gathering intel on flies, flows and productive zones. If you’re like me, the majority of planning is centered around increasing the odds of catching fish, rather than comfort and safety. But what if the odds of catching fish are directly correlated to comfort and safety? I’m told they are, since an uncomfortable and unsafe angler is easily distracted by the elements, and unable to to spend as much time on the water as desired. An angler hampered by wind and rain will likely frown more and farm more than normal.
An angler intent on true preparedness will ask the right questions in the shop pertaining to all-weather fly fishing apparel and a solid shop pro won’t hesitate in pointing women toward Patagonia’s River Salt Jacket. It’s like a waterproof, breathable, multi-layer security blanket but without your childhood security blanket’s grape juice stains and graham cracker crumbs. (Wait, my River Salt Jacket may actually have grape juice stains and graham cracker crumbs…) The “security” part comes in knowing you’ve chosen the right gear and that wild weather won’t sideline you.
- Rugged 100% polyester microfiber H2No® Performance Standard shell with waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Two pleated, TPU-coated, water-repellent front zippered pockets are sized to hold fly boxes; waterproof and corrosion-resistant YKK® front zipper; all other zippers are plastic to prevent corrosion in salt water or wet environments
- Innovative fully vented and adjustable hood is designed to stay in place, even at high boat speed
- Watertight adjustable cuffs
- Elastic drawcord at the hem is encased in a mesh-lined casing that drains excess water
- Yeti Films: 120 days
- Watch: Trout of Steel | Short Film